LifeSpace Science Art Research Gallery is located in the School of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK.
The Gallery is open during exhibitions on Saturdays from 11am-5pm, and during the week by appointment only (email email@example.com)
The mission of LifeSpace is to engage artists and scientists in exciting new collaborations and to foster long-term cross-disciplinary activity that will provide these communities and the public with greater insight into the broad spectrum of life sciences research. This research-driven gallery space is curated as a collaborative partnership between researchers from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design and researchers from the School of Life Sciences. It enables an exciting opportunity for interdisciplinary art and science interactions as well as providing a location for curatorial exchange between staff, students, researchers and the general public.
The LifeSpace Annual Report for 2014-15 is available to read here.
The LifeSpace Science Art Research Gallery Steering Group includes:
- Prof. Mike Ferguson (Regius Professor of Life Sciences)
- Dr. Sarah Cook (Curator, Dundee Fellow)
- Prof. Elaine Shemilt (Artist, Professor of Fine Art Printmaking)
- Prof Stephen Partridge (Associate Dean of Research, Art & Design)
- Prof. Kate Storey (Head of Cell & Developmental Biology)
- Dr Morag Martin (Research Strategy and Development Officer, School of Life Sciences)